MyKingstonKids’ mission is to offer young people in Kingston, NY a safe, positive, and engaging space that provides the opportunity for them to be themselves through the expression of imagination.
MyKingstonKids is looking to hire a part-time administrative assistant to help manage our day-to-day operations. Responsibilities include basic bookkeeping, event support, database management and general office support. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
1. Administrative Support
• Serve as first point of contact for the organization
• Answers and transfers phone calls, screening when necessary.
• Welcomes and directs visitors and clients.
• Maintains filing systems as assigned.
• Retrieves information as requested from records, email, minutes, and other related documents; prepares written summaries of data when needed.
• Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions.
• Prepares for Board of Directors meetings including printing agendas, minutes, and other documents.
• Records and distributes minutes or other records for meetings.
• Purchase and maintains office supplies and coordinates maintenance of office equipment.
• Manage donor database.
• Perform basic bookkeeping tasks including bill paying, check cutting, mailing checks, making deposits, invoicing, running financial reports, assisting with annual audit etc.
• Oversee interns and volunteers.
2. Special Events
• Coordinate and facilitate MyKingstonKids tabling at community events
• Assist with coordination of event logistics
• Assist with print and electronic newsletters
• Coordinate website updates
• Assist with donor communications, including appeal and thank you letters
• Coordinate bulk mailings
• Maintain organizational archives
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum two years related experience; nonprofit experience a plus.
• Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing. Familiarity with Quickbooks a plus.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision.
• Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner.
• Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment.
• Interest in and commitment to MyKingstonKids mission is helpful.
• High School Diploma/GED required; Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
• Three to five years of experience in an administrative role.
• This a 20 hour per week position, Monday through Friday during daytime hours. There is some flexibility in scheduling.
• Starting wage is $20 per hour, health insurance not included.