The ways kids expose themselves to dangers is pretty much obvious. The ground is like a haven for them as they are always playing and crawling close to the ground thereby making them liable to dirt and dust, which are toxic. They also often put their toys, hands and other items into their mouths, exposing them to poisoning.
Well, the physiology behind why their system will easily react to the health dangers is pretty simple. They breathe, as well as eat and drink more relative to their body mass than adults. Also, their natural defense system is quite underdeveloped; their blood-brain barrier is more permeable just as their skin as well, their plasma proteins circulate at a lower level, and their vital organs are still developing.
All that said, here are some general and domestic suggestions for you to protect your kid’s health.
• Your foods and trash should be stored in closed containers to prevent contamination and exposure to pests respectively.
• Some chemicals and pesticides could easily be mistaken for food or drink by children, store them out of the reach of children.
• Ensure your house is always as clean as possible; always wash floors and window sills regularly.
• Keep their toys away whenever you apply pesticides; restrain them from playing in fields, orchards or gardens where pesticides have been used, at least until the pesticide fades off.
• Always wash your fruits and vegetables before eating; try to peel off the outer layer of those possible before eating and giving your children to eat.
• Wash your kid’s hands before they eat.
• Ensure to wash washable toys, pacifiers, and bottles regularly.
• Ensure your kids do not sleep in a hot environment; during the hot summer, always ensure your children wear their hats, protective clothing, and sunglasses when needed.